

The Igors that I made for the Doll Street Dreamers Discworld Challenge won second place. Discworld, a book series by British author Terry Prachett, is a fantasy world with many diverse and interesting characters.
This one was inspired by the illlustrated book of Discwork by Paul Kidby. He wears black knit pants and hooded top looking as if he just "crawled outta the basement". A reference to "bubbly green stuff" inspired me to have him hold a vile with the "stuff" (actually green acrylic paint and gorilla glue) dripping on the floor. The "WE-R-IGORS A spare hand when needed" is from the book illustration and painted on a paper mache disc.
The "spare hand' reaches out from below the sign. (seen on group pic)
I spent many hours creating the Igors, the bodies and clothing are my original patterns. I learned a lot and really enjoyed this dollmaking experience. These were my firs "character" dolls. A very special "thanks" to Judy Skeel for hosting the challenge and for sharing her knowledge about the Terry Pratchett books.

I love them, they are just oozing character.
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Kelly