
I've intended for a long while to get around to this blog, no better time to start than with the three "Igors" that I made for the Discworld Challenge on Doll Street Dreamers. These are characters from the Discworld Books by Terry Pratchett. I didn't read the books but loved the idea of the character dolls. I probably would have chosen a "witch", but they were all taken by other doll artist when I joined Dream Street late last fall. I got "bits" and "pieces" about the Igors from online sources and books stores. I got the "The Art of Discworld" by Paul Kidby and has access to Judy Skeel's wealth of knowledge about the series and characters. There are different characters with the name Igor, however they share many of the same qualities. They are loyal servants as well as skilled surgeons. They have stitches that indicate that they have had body parts as well as major organs swapped and/or replaced.
The dolls are made of doe suede fabric, stuffed and have a wire armature from the head through the body and into the base. The bodies and clothing are my original patterns made especially for these dolls.

You captured The Igors beautifull Kathy - congratulations on a well-deserved placing!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! These are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteKathy, great job with your Igors. And congratulations for winning second place. You did good!!! ;-)) Yvonne
ReplyDeleteWOW!! They are FANTASTIC!! CONGRATS!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the win! The dolls are awesome!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nita
P.S...like the blog so far!
Congratulations! I was at AFIC and those are the dolls that stopped me. I took several pics. They're AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeletehugs,
Ute
http://www.utes-trolls.com
Congratulations! Well deserved...they are fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteHUGS...
Chris
Another huge congrats from me again. You and your dolls are awesome! I'm proud to be your friend!
ReplyDeleteTerry