These are the samples from the UNIQUE PERSONALITIES Art Doll class that I teach. Students make a 15" doll using my pattern. Learn to stitch, turn, stuff, needle sculpt then detail the face with pens, paint, and chalks. Hands with separate fingers are wired to hold things or express themselves. The body, arms and legs are made separate then attached with buttons so the doll can be posed. Hair is added by making a weft of yarn or other material. I provide clothing patterns but most students have an idea "who" they want to make. I love seeing her take on different personalities. In past classes she has turned out as a witch (more that once), fairy, elf, motorcycle rider, marti gras queen, princess, cirque de soile performer and more. This 12 hour class is suitable for beginning doll makers with machine and hand sewing skills, yet it challenging and fun for experienced doll makers as well. I be teaching in Camden in March and Lexington (Pieces and Patches Quilt Shop) April 16-17. Email for more class info.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment